Olga Zilberboug’s short story “Love and Hair” took the Willesden Herald first prize in 2016, and is included in Willesden Herald: New Short Stories 9. We were very happy to see Olga in London to receive her award from judge Katy Darby. She makes a gracious acceptance speech at the end of this video from the event.
Pre-order “Like Water and Other Stories” direct from the publisher. Read the Moscow Times review.
- “The Volcano” by Anna Lewis
- “The Cliffs of Bandiagara” by Catherine McNamara
- “Supersum” by Barbara Robinson
- “Twisted” by Tracy Fells
- “The Mayes County Christmas Gun Festival” by David Lewis
- “Undercurrents” by Gina Challen
- “Love and Hair” by Olga Zilberbourg
- “Last Call at the Rialto” by Daniel Waugh
- “Looking for Nathalie” by Susan Haigh
- “All that Remains” by Rob Hawke
Unspeakable secrets, disappeared husbands, bisexual love triangles, revolutionary conspiracies and African odysseys: from Sixties Paris to San Francisco, Arundel to Latin America, poets, murderers, musicians, schoolkids and festive firearms fanciers stalk these pages, waiting to greet you.
With an introduction by 2016 judge, Katy Darby
Continue reading “2016 – New Short Stories 9”