- Wena Poon – The Architects
- Toby Litt – Veronika and Roger-Roger
- Julia Goubert – In the Land of Flies
- Willie Davis – Emily Strabnow’s Freckles
- Nuala Ní Chonchúir – Letters
- Kevin Spaide – Monkey Hat
- Carys Davies – Precious
- Jonathan Attrill – Love and Longing in the Marvellous City
- Peggy Riley – Pearl
- Tom Vowler – Busy. Come. Wait.
- Paul McGuire – Hope Street
- Jo Cannon – Shutters
- Jarred McGinnis – Learning Stick
- Henrietta Rose-Innes – Falling
Fourteen of the best short stories of the year 2010 from brilliant new and award-winning authors, seven by men and seven by women. The stories are set in Australia, Ireland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, UK, US and more.