The ten stories shortlisted for the Willesden Short Story Prize 2022 in alphabetical order by author
- Shoes by David Butler
- Remembering Not Forgetting by Helen Harjak
- Vevey by Catherine McNamara
- Haircut by Andy Mead
- Cuckquean by Jackie Morris
- My Last Journey with Baron Baldanders by Peter Newall
- Empathy by Diana Powell
- Things we see, things we don’t by Anju Sharma
- Forecast for Rain by Lui Sit
- Hotline by Zakia Uddin
Thanks to all who entered for making our selection task so difficult with the high standard of writing. The total number of entries was 371. It was painful having to leave out many outstanding short stories.
There will be a special event to announce 1st prize and runners-up and to launch the anthology, New Short Stories 12. Details to follow.